TEXAS COMPASSIONATE USE PROGRAM
- Must be a Texas resident
- Compassionate low dose THC (5 mg/ml) with various amounts of CBD allowed for incurable neurodegenerative conditions
- A program in place since 2015, but expanded in 2019 to a more comprehensive list of conditions
- A list of conditions is listed here
- Physician must be approved to prescribe low dose THC by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Qualifications for physician: must be board certified and have a valid Texas medical license, and must treat the listed condition they are prescribing for.
- Prescription is electronically sent by prescriber to DPS Compassionate Use Program
- Patient contacts dispensary: there are only 3 dispensaries approved in Texas to fill the prescription ( I personally am only collaborating with Compassionate Cultivation based out of Austin) .
- Dispensary will either drive the prescription to patient from Austin, or you arrange for pick-up from their Pearland location.
- You call Dr. Shaya and praise her for being a forward thinking solutions based practitioner who advocated for her patients :)
- Q. Why should I have a prescription for this when I have a friend mailing me some from another state?
- A. The beauty of having Dr. Shaya prescribing low dose THC for your incurable neurodegenerative condition is that you don't have to be your own doctor! You can have professional help navigating the dosing, timing, and any potential side effects.
- Q. I live out of town, but would like you to prescribe low dose THC for myself/child, can we do that via a virtual call?
- A. I need to see you for a face to face visit to establish care, review chart and ensure you are qualified to receive this medication. Once you are an established patient with me, I can do virtual calls for follow up, dose adjustments etc. I do need to see you once a year face to face though.
EVIDENCE FOR ULTRA LOW DOSE THC:CBD
- Dose-related effects of delta-9-THC on emotional responses to acute psychosocial stress c of delta-9-THC on emotional re
- Beneficial and deleterious effects of cannabinoids in the brain- the case of ultra-low dose THC
- Real world experience of patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) in the treatment of spasticity using tetrahydrocannabinol:cannabidiol (THC:CBD)
- Effects of CBD-Enriched Cannabis sativa extract on Autism Spectrum Disorder symptoms. An observational study of 18 participants undergoing compassionate use
- Dose-related effects of delta-9-THC on emotional responses to acute psychological stress
WHAT ABOUT PLAIN CBD?
- In 2018, the FDA approved Epidiolex, a cannabidiol indicated for intractable seizure disorders Dravet Syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Read more.
- This opened the door to "what else can CBD help" and I've worked on compiling the scientific evidence presented on this page.
- There are two types of CBD frequently sold in the US. The one WITH THC and one WITHOUT THC. I've listed articles in this section that are specific to the WITHOUT THC type. I will designate in the future a section for low dose THC that is legal in TX..
- We do carry GreenRoads CBD in our office and online. The brand we carry has a certificate of analysis to certify that there is no THC and will never interfere with any drug testing that may occur through your employment.
- Medical Cannabis in Children
- Real life Experience of Medical Cannabis Treatment in Autism: Analysis of Safety and Efficacy
- Oral Cannabidiol Use in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder to Treat Related Symptoms and Co-morbidities
- Safety and Efficacy of Cannabis in Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Cannabidiol and Other Cannabinoids Reduce Microglial Activation In Vitro and In Vivo: Relevance to Alzheimer’s Disease
- In vivo Evidence for Therapeutic Properties of Cannabidiol (CBD) for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Effects of cannabidiol interactions with Wnt/β-catenin pathway and PPARγon oxidatives tress and neuroinflammation in Alzheimer’s disease
➤Medical Record Release
© Copyright Shaya Precision Health PLLC 2021